[ncl-talk] "RasterFill" not plotting field

Ryan Connelly rconne01 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 13:36:58 MST 2016

Hi,

I'm running a rather computationally intensive NCL script that attempts to
calculate and plot geostrophic MPV.  At times, it is (understandably) very
*very *slow, and at other times I have encountered an error about workspace
memory allocation being exceeded.  With regards to the latter, I read a
suggestion to change from...

        opts_pv at cnFillOn                  = True

...to...

        opts_pv at cnFillMode                = "RasterFill"
    opts_pv at cnRasterSmoothingOn       = True

When doing so, the script executes much faster, but does not plot my
desired field.  (I printed out test points to confirm that the values are
within the range I tell it to plot in ContourParameters, so I know that is
not the problem.)

Why might this be?

Thanks,
Ryan

--
Ryan Connelly
M.S. Student in Atmospheric Sciences, Stony Brook University
rconne01 at gmail.com
ryan.connelly at stonybrook.edu