[ncl-talk] "RasterFill" not plotting field

Guido Cioni guidocioni at gmail.com
Thu Dec 29 14:09:44 MST 2016

Hey Ryan, an out-of-memory error (I guess you are getting a segmentation fault, otherwise it may be more complicated to debug) can usually be resolved by increasing the memory that NCL reserves for drawing the contours. Have a look here http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml <http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml> (Increase the default (16mb) contour memory.).

However I don't understand why you are not getting the same result with RasterFill. You should just use this option and leave out the smoothing, which sometimes can be a problem (and slow things down considerably) if you have a lot of points...

Guido Cioni
http://guidocioni.altervista <http://guidocioni.altervista/>.org