[ncl-talk] Failure to find attributes

Alyce Sala Tenna alsalte at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 07:22:28 MDT 2015

Hi,

I am trying to run a script extracting daily WRF data over 30 years through ncl 6.2.1,  accessing the data remotely.. However about 3 years into looping through the data files I receive this error:

PROBLEM TO FIND ATTRIBUTE in file: h5reader.c, line: 3332
        obj_id: 33554433
        attr_name: <RAINNC>
        attr_id: 100663296
        type: -1
PROBLEM TO FIND ATTRIBUTE in file: h5reader.c, line: 3337

Leaving _NclHDF5check_attr, at file: h5reader.c, line: 3343

Then after 5 more days of processing data the script will break with this error:
fatal:["Execute.c":6332]:variable (T2) is not in file (fi)
^Mfatal:["Execute.c":8578]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 98 in file process_wrfhrly.ncl

It’s not for a particular count of days where I recieve this file issue, and will be a different date for each model (I have tried 4 different datasets so far). For other models it may be other climate variables.
Any ideas what the issue could be, or how to resolve this. I can’t even process the data without recieving this issues.

Thanks in advance
Alyce Sala Tenna