[ncl-talk] Sub: Ncl error

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 30 16:21:27 MDT 2015

Hi Adv,
Have you made any modifications to the csv_7.ncl script? Are you using the
exact same data file as was used in the script? If the answer to either
question is no please send both your script and the input data file to
ncl-talk (assuming the data file is small enough to send).

If you are running the NCL example as constructed and using the example
data file a developer will have to chime in as to how to proceed as Dennis
has verified that the example script/data run fine using v6.3.0 on the
machines here.

As always, please respond to the ncl-talk list and not to me personally.
Adam

On Fri, Oct 30, 2015 at 4:15 PM, Adv <advita6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ncl user,
> I would like to run this code.
> Ncl version is 6.3.0
>
> Uname -a returns this
> Linux npp.atmos.und.edu 2.6.32-504.12.2.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Sun Feb 1
> 12:14:02 EST 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/csv_7.ncl
>
> warning:MeshScalarFieldInitialize: coordinate array sfXArray requires the
> same number of elements as the data array
> fatal:MeshScalarFieldInitialize:The sfXArray or sfXCellBounds resource
> must be valid to create a meshScalarFieldClass object
> fatal:Unable to initialize layer-Can't Create
> fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
> fatal:Unable to access object with id:-4
> warning:Unable to add DataItem "(null)" to DataList "cnScalarFieldData"
> fatal:CompileDataList:DataList has no valid members
>
> Could someone help me to fix this?  I have attached here a copy of output
> figure.
> Thank you,
> Adv

Adam Phillips