[ncl-talk] run ncl script in bash file

Karin Meier-Fleischer meier-fleischer at dkrz.de
Tue May 12 05:53:08 MDT 2015

Hi,

just to get sure that you have set all NCL environments working for your
bash script and redirect stderr and stdout to the file ncl.log using 2>&1:

#!/bin/bash

export NCARG_ROOT=/Users/ego/local/ncl-6.3.0_10.9_gcc492
export PATH=$NCARG_ROOT/bin:$PATH
export NCL=$NCARG_ROOT/bin/ncl

$NCL ./my_ncl_script.ncl *2>&1* > ncl.log

exit

Run the script:
bash my_bash_script.sh

or if the shell script has execution permission:
   ./my_bash_script.sh

Hope this helps,
Karin