[ncl-talk] Problem with reconstructed plot

Ipsita Putatunda ipsita.putatunda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 04:05:59 MST 2015

Hi all,
   Am doing varimax roatation of first three EOFs with my data using
"eofunc_varimax_Wrap" function, and then trying to reconstruct the plot
using "eof2data" function. Though my first 3 REOFs is contributing more
than 98% of variance but still am not getting similarity in  my
reconstructed plot with the original one. I doubt if am making any mistake.
Part of my script has been provided herewith. Any help will be appreciated.

.........[snip]...
  xo=LHo(lev|:,time|:)
  optEOF =True
  eofo=eofunc_Wrap(xo,neof,optEOF)
  eof_tso=eofunc_ts(xo,eofo,False)
  printVarSummary(eofo)
  eof_roto=eofunc_varimax_Wrap(eofo,1)
  eofunc_varimax_reorder(eof_roto)
  printVarSummary(eof_roto)
  do n=0,neof-1
      eof_tso(n,:)=eof_tso(n,:)+eof_tso at ts_mean(n)
  end do
  printVarSummary(eof_tso)
;    Reconstructed Mean
    oo=eof2data(eof_roto(0:2,:),eof_tso(0:2,:))
 ;  oo=eof2data(eof_roto,eof_tso)

    [snip]

Thanks,
Ipsita