[ncl-talk] Question about tripole grid vector plot

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Sun Aug 23 21:52:10 MDT 2015

Dear Lee,

I didn't see any responses to this. Are you still having an issue with it?

It would help if you could include an image so we know what you mean by
"the figure only shows part of the data". Even better, if you can provide
the latest version of the script and the data so we can run it here, then
we can debug this more quickly.

One possible issue is that you need to turn off the addition of a cyclic
point:

  res at gsnAddCyclic = False
  vcres at gsnAddCyclic = False

Also, you may want to try raster fill:

  res at cnFillMode = "Raster"

and further, putting it on a triangular mesh:

  res at trGridType = "TriangularMesh"

Finally, you may want to visit this page, and in particular, look at
example ice_4.ncl:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/orca.shtml

--Mary