[ncl-talk] plot optimization?

Izidine Pinto izidinep at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 04:17:39 MDT 2015

Dear NCL users

I'm plotting precipitation trends and overlying with the probability
(p<0.05)
    plotA0 = gsn_csm_contour_map_ce(wks,trend_jjas,res)
    plotB0 = gsn_csm_contour(wks,prob_jjas,res2)
    plotB0 = ShadeLtContour(plotB0, 0.0499, 17)       ; shade all areas
less than the 0.05

However, when it comes to create the panel plot it takes around 2 hours
just to print the figure in .eps

Is there any way to improve this time or I'm doing something wrong in the
script?

I've attached the working example and the data can be found here (
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1srk2adshj8f4n0/AAA8J9L-hEhZshCsXkCAFycua?dl=0)

Thank you
 Izidine