[ncl-talk] orthographic projection

Matthew Fearon Matthew.Fearon at dri.edu
Thu Aug 6 13:04:39 MDT 2015

Dear NCL users,

I've created the attached orographic map using a slightly modified version of the topo_9.ncl example found here

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/topo_9.ncl

I was curious how/if I could apply the following adjustments:

1. Turn off the map perimeter box; mpPerimOn=False seems to be ignored

2. Add a few lat/long labels; pmTickMarkDisplayMode="Always" also seems ignored.

Below is a snippet of my resources used.
thanks,
Matt

  res at cnFillColors             = reds

  res at gsnAddCyclic             = False

  res at mpFillOn                    = False

  res at mpOutlineOn                 = True

  res at mpGridAndLimbOn             = True

  res at mpGridLineDashPattern       = 2

  res at mpGridLineThicknessF        = 1.5

  res at mpOutlineBoundarySets       = "National"

  res at mpDataBaseVersion           = "Ncarg4_1"

  res at mpDataSetName               = "Earth..4"

  res at mpNationalLineThicknessF    = 4

  res at mpGeophysicalLineThicknessF = 4

;---Zoom in on area of interest

;  res at mpMinLatF                = minlat

;  res at mpMaxLatF                = maxlat

;  res at mpMinLonF                = minlon

;  res at mpMaxLonF                = maxlon

 res at mpCenterLonF               = -25.

 res at mpCenterLatF               = 40.

 res at mpProjection               = "Orthographic"

 res at mpPerimOn                  = False

 res at pmTickMarkDisplayMode      = "Always"

;res at gsnPolar                   = "NH"

;redMap = gsn_csm_contour_map_polar(wks, Band1, res)

 redMap = gsn_csm_contour_map(wks, Band1, res)

;---Overlay everything to create the topo map

  overlay(redMap, greenMap)

  overlay(redMap, blueMap)

  return(redMap)