[ncl-talk] what is the problem when I install NCL binary in cygwin?

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Apr 29 09:13:37 MDT 2015

It looks like you installed the 64-bit version of Cygwin.  The NCL Cygwin
binary is 32-bit, so you must use a 32-bit Cygwin.

Please read the important note in the second paragraph here:

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Download/cygwin.shtml

Basically, you want to install Cygwin via "setup-x86.exe", and NOT via
"setup-x86_64.exe".

--Mary