[ncl-talk] what is the problem when I install NCL binary in cygwin?

Jie Tang totangjie at gmail.com
Tue Apr 28 21:26:40 MDT 2015

hi ncl-users:
   I am trying to install NCL in my laptop but I met a problem.

My computer is win 8.1 X64. I installed cygwin package
and all of the packaged that ncl website asked are installed too
except that I can not find some packages below in the selection of cygwin :
* "Net":* "libcurl-devel", "libcurl4" (but i can find them in LIBS
 *"Libs":*  "sunrpc"  "libcurl3"

Finally , uncompress the NCL package into /usr/local
and setup the environment parameter

    export NCARG_ROOT=/usr/local
    export PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH

After "source" command, I run “ncl” but I can not get

any information just a space .what is wrong with my

installation ? May someone help me ?

[image: 内嵌图片 1]

--
TANG Jie