[ncl-talk] Lat, Lon map using Ascii file

Maria Gehne - NOAA Affiliate maria.gehne at noaa.gov
Mon Sep 22 09:38:01 MDT 2014

Hi Kunal,

your data array has dimensions 64800x3. Which one of these is latitude and
longitude? Most likely 64800 is nlat*nlon, but you need to figure that out
first. Also you need to know what the actual values for the latitudes and
longitudes are. All of this information could be in the ascii file or you
need additional information for you ascii file. In order to use the NCL map
plotting functions you data array needs to have the coordinate variables
attached to it.

Maria