[ncl-talk] NCL bug using set values

Cathy Smith (NOAA Affiliate) cathy.smith at noaa.gov
Wed Nov 19 12:44:18 MST 2014

Hi-
I followed this example

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/animate_1.ncl

to generate animations. If I set

res at gsnAddCyclic       = True

for the first plot, it is plotted correctly. But, subsequent plots all
plotted incorrectly as it appears that set values didn't recognize the
cyclic True setting.
(The array values were stretched to fill the 1 longitude longer data
array). We could verify this was the case as when we manually created an
extra longitude for the data array after the first plot, then it worked.

Can set values be made to use use the gsnAddCycle setting that exists?
Or, is there another way that doesn't involve manually adding the extra
longitude?

Let me know if more info is needed. In this case, I was using V6.1.2

Cathy Smith

NOAA/ESRL PSD and CU CIRES
303-497-6263
http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/people/cathy.smith/
Emails about data/webpages may get quicker responses from emailing
esrl.psd.data at noaa.gov