[ncl-talk] QUERY

Kunal Bali kunal.bali9 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 11:23:34 MST 2014

Hello

I have the data from 2004-2011 but when i plotted the x axiis label is not
coming with equal intervals. I mean i want to label at every year like 2004
2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011.

How to fix it ?

  TDim = f->TDim              ; this is our x
  TDim at units = "months since " + TDim at startValue

  nTDim = dimsizes(TDim)

  wtype          = "png"
  wtype at wkWidth  = 1000     ; size of png in pixels
  wtype at wkHeight = 1000     ; 1000x1000
  wks = gsn_open_wks(wtype,"example1")

 ; wks_type = "pdf"
 ; wks_type at wkPaperSize = "B"
 ; wks = gsn_open_wks(wks_type,"CWP1")

  res                    = True
  res at xyLineThicknesses  = 6.                 ; thicker line
  res at xyLineColor        = "Blue"
 ; res at gsnLeftString      = "units = g/m^2 "

  res at xyMarkLineMode     = "MarkLines"
  res at xyMarkerColors     = (/"red"/)
  res at xyDashPattern      = 0
  res at xyMarkers          = (/4/)              ; marker pattern
  res at xyMarkerSizeF      = 0.01               ; marker size
  res at xyMarkerThicknessF  = 3.0

  res at tmXBMajorOutwardLengthF    = 0.0
  res at tmXBMajorLengthF           = 0.0

  res at tmXUseBottom               = False
  res at tmXBMajorLengthF           = 0.01
  res at tmXTMajorOutwardLengthF    = 0.0
  res at tmXTMinorOutwardLengthF    = 0.0
  res at tmXBMinorLengthF           = 0.0

  res at tmYLMajorLengthF           = 0.01
  res at tmYLMajorOutwardLengthF    = 0.0
  res at tmYLMinorOutwardLengthF    = 0.0
  res at tmYLMinorLengthF           = 0.0

  res at tmXMajorGrid                = True
  res at tmYMajorGrid                = True
  res at tmXMajorGridThicknessF      = 1.0
  res at tmYMajorGridThicknessF      = 1.0
  res at tmXMajorGridLineDashPattern = 2
  res at tmYMajorGridLineDashPattern = 2

  res at tmXBLabelFontHeightF       = 0.02
  res at tmYLLabelFontHeightF       = 0.02

  res at tiMainString       = "Year_04-11"
  restick  = True
  restick at ttmFormat      = "%y "
  res at tmXBLabelAngleF    = 90

  res at tiYAxisOn          = True
  res at tiYAxisString      = "AD"

 ; restick at ttmMajorStride = 12               ;intervals
  time_axis_labels( TDim,  res, restick )
  plot = gsn_csm_xy( wks, TDim, t,res)

 end
Kunal Bali