[ncl-talk] NCL bug using set values

Mary Haley haley at ucar.edu
Wed Nov 19 15:30:22 MST 2014

​Hi Cathy,

None of the "gsnXXXXX" resources are recognized by setvalues or getvalues,
because the gsnXXXX resources are ones that the gsn_xxxx scripts recognize,
and not one that the core NCL language recognizes.

If you need to plot the data with the cyclic point added, but still be able
to use setvalues in the way that this example does, then you can try the
unadvertised gsn_add_cyclic_point function which is what "gsnAddCyclic"
uses "under the hood".

So, for example, instead of:

  t  = t(0,:,:)

use this:

  t  = gsn_add_cyclic_point(a->t(0,:,:))                     ; Read first
time step

and instead of:

    setvalues plot at data
      "sfDataArray" : (/a->t(i,:,:)/)
    end setvalues

use:

    setvalues plot at data
      "sfDataArray" : (/gsn_add_cyclic_point(a->t(i,:,:))/)
    end setvalues

--Mary