[Wrf-users] High Resolution SRTM matched with landuse and landsea mask

Thomas Robinson ter at hawaii.edu
Wed Jun 18 18:33:56 MDT 2014

Aloha Craig,

The link you provided is where I downloaded the SRTM terrain data.  The
terrain looks great.  The problem is that it is higher resolution than the
modis landuse data provided in the data on the WRF users page.  When
geogrid sets up the domain, it misses some of the water points and
interpolates some points to the undefined value which is something like
32000.  Is there a web site with matching 90m landuse data so that geogrid
can create the appropriate landmask, or am I missing some other part of the
process?

-Tom

--
Tom Robinson
Treasurer - Graduate Student Organization