[Wrf-users] High Resolution SRTM matched with landuse and landsea mask

Craig Miller cmiller at eng.uwo.ca
Thu Jun 19 08:55:05 MDT 2014

Tom

My apologies, I clearly didn't read your initial question closely enough
and thought the issue was with the SRTM data, not the land use/land
cover data. Have you found the following two sites, which also have land
use/land cover data available for Hawaii? The State of Hawaii maintains
a GIS data portal which has quite a few data sets listed, including land
use/land cover, although a quick look at the associated metadata
suggests that the data set is based on imagery from the 1970's and 80's,
so it may not be up to date. The full list of available data sets can be
found at http://planning.hawaii.gov/gis/download-gis-data-expanded/,
with the land use/land cover dataset found under the heading '010 -
Basemaps and Imagery'. The National Gap Analysis Program (GAP) website
found at http://gapanalysis.usgs.gov/ also has what looks to be very
high resolution land use/land cover data available for Hawaii.
Unfortunately I don't have any experience of using alternative land
use/land cover data sets with WRF, but I am sure that there are people
on this list who would be able to assist you in this process if either
of these data sets proved to be what you were looking for.

Regards

Craig

--
Craig Miller, Ph.D., F.R.Met.S.
Assistant Professor and M.Eng. Coordinator