[Wrf-users] All WRF runs are too dry, (with regards to accumulated precipitation)

Ahmad Wan ardie_coal at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 5 01:01:23 MDT 2014

Hello WRF users,
I have run several simulations with different physical parameterizations (mp_physics, cu_physics, etc...). When plotted against ERA Interim, and other observations (TRMM, GPCC), the total precipitation (rainc+rainnc) is too dry. In fact it is ~4 times dry. I plotted an annual mean precipitation with all the data.

I am wondering if there is something I should know of, besides the fact that WRF accumulates from the start of simulation. I have done the proper subtraction (minus previous time), but still no solution of problem in sight. (I have checked the uv wind, and everything is in perfect order). I would be really grateful for any solution. Splitting my hair.

(Wan Ahmad Ardie)