[Wrf-users] Plotting of WRF runs using ncl shows rain is too dry.

Ahmad Wan ardie_coal at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 7 07:22:11 MDT 2014

On Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:01 PM, Ahmad Wan <ardie_coal at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hello,
I have run several simulations with different physical parameterizations (mp_physics, cu_physics, etc...). When plotted (using NCL) against ERA Interim, and other observations (TRMM, GPCC), the total precipitation (rainc+rainnc) is too dry. In fact it is ~4 times dry. I plotted an annual mean precipitation with all the data.

I am wondering if there is something I should know of, besides the fact that WRF accumulates from the start of simulation. I have done the proper subtraction (minus previous time), but still no solution of problem in sight. (I have checked the uv wind, and everything is in perfect order). Perhaps this is an NCL problem. I would be really grateful for any solution.

(Wan Ahmad Ardie)