[Wrf-users] How to record the output of a simulation in just one single file ?

Bart Brashers bbrashers at environcorp.com
Wed Jun 4 15:28:28 MDT 2014

In namelist.input, the value of frames_per_outfile (in the &time_control section) controls how many time-stamps get written to each wrfout file.  Looks like you have it set to 1, assuming history_interval = 60 (minutes).

Setting frames_per_outfile = 240 would cause 240 hours (10 days) to be written to each wrfout file.  Adjust according to your needs.

This is going to create some cumbersomely large files, though.  Considering use NCO’s ncrcat to concatenate the wrfout files after the WRF run, or use ncks to extract only the fields you need to another netCDF file.

Bart Brashers