[Proflist] Student visas: your input sought

Alan Robock robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
Mon Dec 15 14:43:45 MST 2003

Dear Bob,

We have had troubles with two students, one from China and one from
India (Hindu, not Muslim), since 9/11.  Even though we wrote letters to
the Embassy, they did not get visas.  Before that, we were always able
to get visas for all the admitted students.  Neither was in atmospheric
sciences.

A Chinese student in atmospheric sciences was able to go home for a
month and come back, with no problems.  Another will go home in a week,
and I hope she makes it back.  So we have not noticed any particular
problems.

Alan

Professor Alan Robock
  Editor, JGR - Atmospheres
  Director, Center for Environmental Prediction
Department of Environmental Sciences              Phone: +1-732-932-9478
Rutgers University                                  Fax: +1-732-932-8644
14 College Farm Road                   E-mail: robock at envsci.rutgers.edu
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-8551  USA      http://envsci.rutgers.edu/~robock