[Proflist] Student visas: your input sought

Bob Henson bhenson at ucar.edu
Mon Dec 8 17:04:42 MST 2003

Have you had difficulty in getting new graduate students from foreign countries
into the United States?  If so, how has the situation evolved for you and your
department since September 11, 2001 and over the last few months?

The UCAR Quarterly will be examining the student-visa situation in an upcoming
article.  We would very much like your input.  Specific examples as well as
general observations are both welcome.  We're especially interested in your
opinion on whether visa roadblocks are affecting the atmospheric sciences as a
whole.

Please e-mail me your thoughts by Tuesday, 16 December (I'll be at AGU most of
this week).  You'd have a chance to see any writeup before it goes to press.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

--Bob Henson, bhenson at ucar.edu
UCAR Communications
303-497-8605