[Nsa] Invitation for Proposals - NCAR E&O Diversity, Equity & Inclusion

Paula Fisher paulad at ucar.edu
Tue Nov 16 09:23:40 MST 2021

Dear colleagues,

We wanted you to make you aware of a small NCAR funding opportunity for
diversity, equity and inclusion related education & outreach activities in
your lab. We are inviting submissions from existing programs/activities
that we have funded in the past, as well as new ideas. Activities should 1)
support the strategic goals and activities for NCAR Education & Outreach as
outlined in the NCAR E&O Strategic Plan
<https://ncar.ucar.edu/sites/default/files/documents/related-links/2018-05/NCAR%20EO%20Strategic%20Plan%20Final.pdf>
and 2) strengthen NCAR’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in
education related work. New activities that build on and strengthen ongoing
activities are encouraged. The total funding available is $70K, and we are
not setting an upper limit per request.

Please submit your request here:  2022 NCAR E&O Diversity, Equity, and
Inclusion Proposal Request

<https://forms.gle/wuvCsiz4ATESriL97>

Renewal funding will only require a short paragraph and a detailed budget
request.

For new ideas we ask for

   1.

   Description of the activity, including staff involved, audiences served,
   the plan for evaluation of the activity’s impact and how it links to the
   NCAR E&O Strategic Plan
   2.

   Detailed budget, please also list any co-funding from the lab.

Additional guidance can be found here:  2022 NCAR E&O Diversity, Equity and
Inclusion Proposal Guidance
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d665cBCm2uD23-6XCDW_TpbEO6OEeES44koeMhHGnfY/edit#>

The application deadline is December 17, 2021 with funding being awarded by
January 7, 2022. Funds need to be spent by March 31, 2023.

For questions about this funding please contact Marissa Vara  (
marrisav at ucar.edu).

--

Paula Fisher
Administrator