[ncl-talk] How can I plot global maps for the current month, for lag months and for lead months?

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Tue Jul 9 15:23:05 MDT 2024

Hi Jalal,
I am a bit confused about what you are asking for. The script sent shows
you computing a global SST EOF pattern for all months from 2001-2022. I am
not sure what you mean by:  How can I make subplots for the current time,
lag three months, and lead 23 months? If you can elaborate then hopefully
someone on ncl-talk can assist you.
Best,
Adam

On Sat, Jul 6, 2024 at 3:12 AM Md. Jalal Uddin via ncl-talk <
ncl-talk at mailman.ucar.edu> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have a netcdf file with time, lat and lon dimensions. The variable name
> is sst. How can I make subplots for the current time, lag three months, and
> lead 23 months? The data is monthly. I have added my code for the current
> month only.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> --
>
> *Regards,*
>
> Dr. Jalal
>
> *Postdoctoral Researcher,* Typhoon Research Center, Jeju National
> University, South Korea
>
> *PhD* in Atmospheric Physics and Atmospheric Environment, NUIST, China
>
> *M.Sc.* in Applied Meteorology, NUIST, China
>
> *B.Sc.* in Disaster Management, PSTU, Bangladesh
>
> *Founder and Director* of Research Society
>
> *Website*: https://researchsociety20.org/founder-and-director/
>
> *E-mails*: founder-and-director at researchsociety20.org
>
>               jalal at jejunu.ac.kr
>
>               20205103002 at nuist.edu.cn

Adam Phillips
Associate Scientist IV, Climate Analysis Section
Climate and Global Dynamics Laboratory
www.cgd.ucar.edu/staff/asphilli/