[ncl-talk] Lat/lon labels

Zilore Mumba zmumba at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 01:59:08 MDT 2023

My script,figure attached, outputs one longitude and one latitude labels
only. In the code snippet below, I have turned on gridlines and they draw
ok.
>From this script https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/Scripts/mapgrid_6.ncl
I was guessing that I could put latitude and longitudes labels using the
code reproduced below. This gives me the error (lats = ispan(-31.,-28.,1.)
"fatal:ispan: arguments must be of an integral type, can't continue"
How does one get customized lat/lon labels?

       res at mpGridAndLimbOn        = True               ; turn on grid lines
       res at mpGridSpacingF         = 0.5

     ;---Create lat/lon arrays for location of latitude labels.
       ;lats = ispan(-31.,-28.,1.)
       ;nlat = dimsizes(lats)
       ;lons = new(nlat,integer)
       ;lons = 0

       ;---Resources for text strings
       ;txres               = True
       ;txres at txFontHeightF = 0.015
       ;dum = gsn_add_text(wks,plot,""+lats,lons,lats,txres)