[ncl-talk] Blank graphics in ncl

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Apr 4 14:12:36 MDT 2023

Hi Zilore,

As an aside -- the colorbars in the two plots appear to be different. Does
this script in question explicitly specify a colormap, or is it just using
the default?

Is the .hluresfile on your 18.04 system substantially different from the
one on the 20.04 system?  Is there even such a file on the new 20.04
system?  Perhaps copy the one from 18.04 over to your new system?  No error
messages from NCL about "can't find colormaps"?

A sort of default .hluresfile can be found here; there's nothing in it that
would account for the plot you are seeing:

https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Graphics/hlures.shtml

Rick