[ncl-talk] Blank graphics in ncl

Zilore Mumba zmumba at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:30:02 MDT 2023

Hello NCL users,
I have a peculiar problem which I have no clue where it might come from. On
my ubuntu 18.04 where I have run ncl for years, the graphics are fine as
shown in the attached image TTIMap2.png. On a newly installed ubuntu 20.04
the very same script which produces TTIMap2.png produces TTIMap.png which
instead of shading produces contours. Other scripts produce completely
blank graphics on ubuntu-20.04 platform, whileas the the graphics from the
same script on ubuntu18 platform are just fine.
My only guess is that perhaps tinkering with the .hluresfile may resolve my
problem. However I have never worked with the .hluresfile.
I wii appreciate help on this.