[ncl-talk] labeler_query

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Sun Mar 6 15:15:20 MST 2022

Kunai, panel plots have two different sets of resources.  One set applies
to the individual plots.  The other set applies to the whole panel plot.
You need to keep these two separate.  They are used for different
purposes.  Please see documentation for gsn_panel for more details about
the panel resources.

In your case, it looks like you are using "res" for individual plot
resources, and "resP" for panel resources.  I have found that the easiest
approach for panel plots is to not use gsn_panel to start, and first get
all of the individual plots working the way you want them.  Work on getting
"res" set up correctly, and ignore "resP" to start.  Temporarily set
res at Draw = True and res at Frame = True to make each plot appear immediately.

You did not show your setup for "res" or your command for making the "plot"
array.  This is what needs to be fixed first, before doing anything with
gsn_panel.  I hope this helps.