[ncl-talk] NDVI from Advanced Very High-Resolution Radiometer (AVHRR)

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sat Jun 18 12:21:52 MDT 2022

Based on the provided information, I have no idea why you would get
"returned nothing to me"

I know that NDVI files are 0.1 degree resolution (3600,7200). You have 36
years (1986-2021) of daily data.
So, 36*365=13140   [+ a few Leap Year days)

   prc(13140,3600,7200)    => daily data

A lot of memory is needed. Maybe your computer can not handle this?

After the
      xM = calculate_monthly_values (prc, "avg", 0,opt)
      printVarSummary(xM)

   xM(432,3600,7200)