[ncl-talk] gsn_panel: Error: all of the plots passed to gsn_panel appear to be invalid

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 10:03:25 MDT 2021

Hi Jason,
>From the script you attached, all panel resources are commented out but you
are calling gsn_panel which would fail, following is in your script:
;  resP                     = True                ; modify the panel plot
;  resP at gsnMaximize         = True                ; maximize plot in frame
;  resP at gsnPanelMainString  = "TEST TEST TEST"  ; title
;  resP at gsnPanelRowSpec     = True                   ; tell panel what
order to plot
;  gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,2/),resP)
;  gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,2/),resP)
;panel_res = True
; panel_res at gsnPanelRowSpec = True
; gsn_panel(wks,(/plot(0),plot(1),plot(2),plot(3)/),(/2,2/),panel_res)
gsn_panel(wks,plot,(/2,2/),resP)

Also there is no variable in the script named "plot", is it created
somewhere?

*Try the following and add more resources, if needed:*

*resP                     = True                ; modify the panel plot*
*resP at gsnFrame = False*
*gsn_panel(wks,(/plot0,plot1,plot2,plot3/),(/2,2/),resP)*
*frame(wks)*