[ncl-talk] strange error when opening a new workstation with gsn_open_wks

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Oct 1 08:44:55 MDT 2021

Hi,

That error is occurring at the lowest levels of the graphics subsystem. It
is hard to see how this error could happen by simply opening a workstation,
but it indicates something is misaligned or corrupt somewhere. I think a
conda install would be your best bet, or if you want to avoid the overhead
of a miniconda environment, perhaps one of the pre-compiled binarys:

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Download/install_from_binary.shtml

Rick