[ncl-talk] strange error when opening a new workstation with gsn_open_wks

Michele Petrini - CITG M.Petrini at tudelft.nl
Fri Oct 1 01:37:24 MDT 2021

Dear helpdesk,

I recently had to reinstall ncl and I decided to give it a try using Homebrew (release version 6.6.2).

It works fine on test scripts doing simple calculations, bur now that I’m trying to plot I get a very strange error I couldn’t find online.

Below you can see that I get running my script with -x

+
+ wtype          = "png"
+ wtype at wkWidth  = 1000
+ wtype at wkHeight = 3000
+ plotname1="co2"
+ wks1 = gsn_open_wks(wtype,plotname1)
 GKS ERROR NUMBER  182 ISSUED FROM SUBROUTINE GESC  :
At line 46 of file gerlog.f (unit = 6, file = 'stdout')
Fortran runtime error: Unexpected element '(A

Do you have any idea why this happen? I can always reinstall ncl using conda, but I’d like to know if there is an easy fix to this.

Thanks!
Michele

Michele Petrini, PhD

Department of Geoscience and Remote Sensing, TUDelft
Delft, The Netherlands

M.Petrini at tudelft.nl<mailto:M.Petrini at tudelft.nl>

+39 3398367372
michele.petrins (Skype alias)