[ncl-talk] Problem plotting wavelet from a time series

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 02:36:27 MDT 2021

Dear NCL-experts,

I would like to plot the wavelet from a daily time series (40 summers; 121
days)
X axis is years and Y axis is Period (days).

The examples on the web page appear to be for one value per year only.

I attached the sample data to this email and the script from here:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/wavelet.shtml

I encounter this error:
fatal:NclOneDValGetRangeIndex: Non-monotonic coordinate value being used,
can't complete coordinate subscript
fatal:Could not obtain coordinate indexes, unable to perform subscript
fatal:["Execute.c":8637]:Execute: Error occurred at or near line 92 in file
wavelet.ncl

I would like to ask, what values should I put in these lines (for the
power() and sig():

*plot(0) = gsn_csm_contour(wks,power({0:43},0:121),res)*
*plot(1) = gsn_csm_contour(wks,SIG({0:43},0:121),res)*

Is it correct to specify dt = 122 for the wavelet function?

I'll appreciate any help on this.

Sincerely,
Lyndz