[ncl-talk] Plotting

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Fri Jul 23 10:12:21 MDT 2021

Hi Jason,

There are a several problems going on. str_get_field() is one-based in
counting fields (maddenly enough), so your lat/lon variables are wrong
(indexes 2 & 3, not 1 & 2).  When you go to draw the markers, you assign
gsMarkerColor the whole colors array, which is the source of the warnings
-- did you intend something like "gsMarkerColor = colors(i,:)"  ?
Finally, if you print the arrays lon_new and lat_new, you'll see the arrays
are of length 12, and the first 11 values contain -999's. I have not
studied how those arrays were constructed.

Hope that helps...
Rick