[ncl-talk] plotting country outline with shapefiles

S Br sbr.climate at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 05:53:02 MST 2021

Hi Dave,
Thanks for your reply.
I have now compared the diagnostic results between the two computers and
the below are the results.
*Computer#1:*
(0) ======================================================================
(0) Filename: "file_gor_2011.shp"
(0)   Geometry type: polygon
(0)   # of features: 1
(0)   Min/max lat:     51.29/  51.69
(0)   Min/max lon:     -0.51/   0.33
(0)   Variable names and their types:
(0)       geometry : integer
(0)       segments : integer
(0)       x : double
(0)       y : double
(0)       label : string
(0)       name : string
(0)       code : string
(0) ======================================================================
*Computer#2:*
(0) ======================================================================
(0) Filename: "file_gor_2011.shp"
(0)   Geometry type: polygon
(0)   # of features: 1
(0)   Min/max lat:     -0.51/   0.33
(0)   Min/max lon:     51.29/  51.69
(0)   Variable names and their types:
(0)       geometry : integer
(0)       segments : integer
(0)       x : double
(0)       y : double
(0)       label : string
(0)       name : string
(0)       code : string

I could see in one computer (computer#2 above) that the latitude values are
replacing the longitude values and vice versa, and that may be the reason
the country outlines are not displaying here.

Could you please suggest how to solve this issue? I am using the same data,
scripts and only difference is the computer.

Thank you.
SB