[ncl-talk] Question about specx_anal and mean spectrum

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Sun Aug 8 13:34:19 MDT 2021

Generally, a one-dimensional series [,say,  x(time) ] can be converted to
(say) two-dimensions via *onedtond*
<http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/onedtond.shtml>.

    ntim  =*dimsizes*(x)
    nseg = 40
    nlen  = ntim/nseg
    x2d =* onedtond*(x,(/nseg,nlen/))

----------

   ndays = 30+31+31+30         ;  #of days in the JJAS season
   nyrStrt= 1979
   nyrLast= 2018
   nyrs     = nyrLast-nyrStrt+1
   xseg    = new( (/nyrs,ndays/),  typeof(x), x at _FillValue)
   do nyr=0,nyrs-1
        itStrt  =                        ; index for June 1 for each year
        itlast =  itStrt+ndays-1 ; data for current year
        xseg(nyr,:) = x(itStrt:itlast))
   end do