[ncl-talk] Question about specx_anal and mean spectrum

Lyndz olagueralyndonmark429 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 04:02:15 MDT 2021

Dear NCL experts,

I would like to do Example 5 from this link:
https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/specx_anal.shtml

I would like to get the mean spectrum of a one dimensional time series.
The above example requires that the input has the following format

*x(nseg,ntim)*

How do I convert my one dimensional data to this format? I would like to
plot the JJAS mean spectrum and red noise.

I am attaching my sample data here.
This is JJAS daily rainfall anomaly from 1979-2018.

I'll appreciate any help on this matter.

Sincerely,
Lyndz