[ncl-talk] Fwd: WRF NCL Panel plot

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu Apr 15 13:01:32 MDT 2021

[1] What version of NCL are you using?

     %>  ncl -V

[2] You are using a library that is available to your local environment
only. I speculate  that the WRFUserARW*.*.ncl library that is distributed
with NC has been modified.

load "WRFUserARW*_new*.ncl"   ; <==== The *_new* means someone has modified
the library

[3] I do not have the WRF file you used. I tried a local wrfout_d2_  file.
I used NCL 6.6.2

I used the default WRFUserARW*.*.ncl library

%> ncl wrf_Panel.ncl_v0

warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_contour at this time
warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_contour at this time
warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_contour at this time
warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_contour at this time
warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_vector at this time
warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_vector at this time
warning:NoTitles is not a valid resource in /Panel_1_contour at this time

(0) wrf_map_overlay: Warning: This procedure is obsolete. Consider
(0)                          using wrf_map_overlays instead.
(0) wrf_map_overlay: Warning: This procedure is obsolete. Consider
(0)                          using wrf_map_overlays instead.
(0) wrf_map_overlay: Warning: This procedure is obsolete. Consider
(0)                          using wrf_map_overlays instead.
(0) wrf_map_overlay: Warning: This procedure is obsolete. Consider
(0)                          using wrf_map_overlays instead.

See the attached figure.

The issue is that the NoTitles' resource is not recognized. I do not know
why.