[ncl-talk] asciiread

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Oct 6 08:43:10 MDT 2020

Hi,

At least part of the issue is that your file has consecutive delimiters,
and str_get_field treats those as one (I did not know that!), so parsing
the columns gets out of sync on lines with ",,"

See example 5 at the link below for how to deal with this. It essentially
uses str_sub_str()  to textually replace instances of ",," with some
appropriate _FillValue. It does this in the strings returned from
asciiread() and then attempts to parse using str_get_field

http://ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/str_get_field.shtml

Hope that helps,
Rick