[ncl-talk] asciiread

Ehsan Taghizadeh ehsantaghizadeh at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 08:17:51 MDT 2020

Dears,I would like to read a ".csv" file including different fields. Some arrays have no data and are empty. May I ask how I handle this file? I've tried the following lines, but I got the following warning because of arrays with no data.
  f = "ncl.csv"  lnst = asciiread(f,-1,"string")  delim = ","
;-Read fields  pr = tofloat(str_get_field(lnst(1:),7, delim))

error:warning: tofloat: A bad value was passed to (string) tofloat, input strings must contain numeric digits, replacing with missing value

I've attached a sample input file and I'll be thankful if I hear from you.
Sincerely,Ehsan TaghizadehUniversity of Tehran, Iran