[ncl-talk] Mysterious Map (Smaller Version)

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Fri Nov 20 11:34:59 MST 2020

Hi Barry,
The issue I described only happens with contoured data. I have not seen
anything like that when using gsn_add_polymarker. Yes, for issues like this
I would try simplifying the coding to see if you can get the issue to go
away. And then, start adding sections of code back in until you see the
issue come back again. The simplest test would be: can you draw a blank map
using a minimal set of resources and add the polymarkers to the map? (
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/maponly.shtml) But I would try
removing sections of code first (or in this case, remove some overlays) and
see if you can get the issue to resolve.
Best,
Adam

--
Adam Phillips