[ncl-talk] confidence interval of mean response in regline_stats function

黄涵 hedgehogh at pku.edu.cn
Mon Nov 16 07:07:47 MST 2020

Hi All,

I would like to know whether any of you know how regline_stats function calculates the confidence interval (CI) of the mean response (attributes: YMR025 and YMR975).

As this function only returns back the CI of those points used in the linear regression model,  if I want to get the CI of a x-value that is not used in the regression model, I have to calculate it by myself.  I followed the formula in the attachment to calculate the CI, but there are some differences between my result and the one provided by this NCL function (see attached plot, especially around the x_mean region).

Thanks very much.

Han