[ncl-talk] Error subscript when using indices output from dim_pqsort to reorder another array

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Thu May 28 11:21:11 MDT 2020

Whenever you encounter an error, you should add print statements to help
you debug the issue.

  printVarSummary(x)                         ; overview of source variable
  print("-----")                                       ; visual break

  ip = dim_pqsort(x,-2)                          ;; descending order
  printVarSummary(ip)
  prinyMinMax(ip, 0)
  print("-----")

  dim_ip = dimsizes(ip)
  print(dim_ip)
  print("-----")

Are there grid locations that contain all missing values?