[ncl-talk] How to process numerous files(data) in NCL

时光足迹 1072752133 at qq.com
Thu May 21 19:56:06 MDT 2020

Hi there,

    I have problems processing data with numerous files (~2GB each file) using NCL.

    There are 10-year hourly 3-dimention meteological data in NetCDF format, which from 2010~2019, 2847 days in total. Data were stored daily (so there are 2847 files).

    I want to caluclate some statistic varibles along all time in each grid. Take wsp(time|2847*24, level, lat, lon) for example, in the current method, do-loop on levels is used. Then

'wsp' will be processed along time. Finally I can get what I need ( wsp_process(level,lat,lon) ).
    However, it will be really ineffiency, and sometime it may meet error 'Segmentation fault (core dumped)'.

    Is there any effiency way to meet my needs?

Best regards,
HUANG