[ncl-talk] model ensemble EOF analysis

Sri nandini bax8609 at uni-hamburg.de
Thu May 21 09:18:00 MDT 2020

Thank you.

The idea is that SSH variability is computed over the ensemble
dimension, rather than the traditional time-dimension- i.e computing EOF
across individual ensemble member at each time step with looping, in
which case the below would not make sense .i.e averaging the ensemble
dimension?

Perhaps i should perform the EOF on both the time and ensemble dimension
as variations across time and ensemble are supposed to be the same after
detrending, the more samples the more robust the EOF is?

Best

Sri