[ncl-talk] Adding observation points spatially

Adam Phillips asphilli at ucar.edu
Wed May 13 09:50:13 MDT 2020

Hi Noel,
Take a look at Station Data example #2. That should at least get you
started.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/station.shtml#ex2
If you have any further questions please respond to the ncl-talk email list.
Adam

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 1:06 PM Noel Chawang via ncl-talk <ncl-talk at ucar.edu>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I have observation values (ranging from -1 to 1) along with the lat and
> lon present which i wanted to plot spatially over the slp plot of the
> domain with color indicating the magnitude and sign of the
> observation value.
>
> The attached image is the output using gsn_add_polymarker for adding the
> observations points with the color as an indication towards the observation
> value sign(+ve or -ve). The way i have written it is that it follows an if
> else condition(Line 85) to place a red marker if the value is positive and
> a blue marker if the value is negative. While this takes care of the sign,
> this does not allow distinction between any two blue/red markers interms of
> the magnitude.
>
> Can someone help me to utilize the color range from red to blue as per the
> observation value?
>
> I have attached the ncl script and the output. Any help is appreciated.
>
> Thankyou
> -
> Noel M. Chawang
> Dept. of Earth and Space Science
> Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology
> -

Adam Phillips