[ncl-talk] plotting I J variables from the WRF out file

Dennis Shea shea at ucar.edu
Mon May 11 13:15:22 MDT 2020

Actually, it is not quite clearer what you are looking for:

As indicated by Rick  *wrf_user_ij_to_ll*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/WRF_arw/wrf_user_ij_to_ll.shtml>

other possibilities include the following very similar functions:

*region_ind*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/region_ind.shtml>
and  *getind_latlon2d*
<https://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Contributed/getind_latlon2d.shtml>

*You* must experiment. Please use print statements like *printVarSummary *while
debugging.
The output from *printVarSummary *is for you to look at to examine variable
type and shape, etc.