[ncl-talk] sub: netcdf write 2dlat/2dlon

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Fri May 8 10:58:14 MDT 2020

Dale, Rick:

The scheme for storing 2-D coordinates in Netcdf files is described by an
external convention, and is not part of the core Netcdf structure.  A full
description is in CF Conventions (1.8) section 5.1.  By conforming to the
convention, you enable the 2-D coordinates to be properly understood by a
wide range of generic software, not just NCL.

Here is an example of the bare minimum structure needed to conform.  There
is a more complicated example in the CF document.

xxxx
xxx