[ncl-talk] 3D variable output

Mark Chan cym263 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 27 22:28:00 MDT 2020

    On Friday, June 26, 2020, 9:12:43 PM GMT+8, Dennis Shea <shea at ucar.edu> wrote:

 I hesitate to answer this question because it is not clear what is desired.

What version of NCL are you using?   Did you read the documentation for wrf_user_intrped ?
It states: This function is deprecated in NCL version6.6.0.Use wrf_user_interp_level forhorizontal interpolations andwrf_user_vert_cross for verticalcross sections.
----
I am not a WRF user and have never used the above functions.
----[SNIP]
   ua = wrf_user_getvar(a,"ua",time)
   p  = wrf_user_getvar(a,"pressure",time) ; total pressure

; Horizontally interpolate to pressure coordinates ("p")

   pres!0 = "pres"            ; create vertical coordinate variable
   pres at units = "hPa"
   pres&pres = pres

   UA_X = wrf_user_intrp3d(ua,p,"h",pres,0.,False)   ; pre 6.6.0
   UA_X!0 =  "Time"
   UA_X!1 = "pres"
   UA_X&pres = pres
   printVarSummary(UA_X)