[ncl-talk] Map NETCDF classification NETCDF geofile in NC

Rick Brownrigg brownrig at ucar.edu
Tue Jun 16 07:07:27 MDT 2020

Hi Siliang,

Please always post ncl-related questions to ncl-talk, as there is a broader
pool of expertise to draw from.

For the plot in general, I *think* example #2 might be very close to what
you want:

    http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/native.shtml

The shading is going to be tricker, as it looks like your data is
categorical, rather than a scalar field.  This link has several examples:

   http://ncl.ucar.edu/Applications/classification.shtml

particularly the "permafrost" example, which shows the use of explicit
contour levels and color assignments.

I hope that helps...
Rick